So 2016 was a bust for blog posts. Did I made a New Year’s resolution to blog more frequently? Um, no. I’m just going to focus on the doing, not the trying.
Just because 2016 was a black hole blog wise doesn’t mean it was a musical desert. In fact, I enjoyed a lot of new tunes last year. Here’s most of what I was listening to:
- Phanotgram’s Three…all of it, yeah
- The Orwells…they’re coming to DC…might treat myself
- Nice As Fuck…bass anyone?
- Sylvan Esso…when they hit the scene I.DID.NOT.LIKE.THEM. People can change
- DJ Shadow…funny how one of his (?) racier songs is now used in a commerical
- Banks & Steelz…like Martha and Snoop
- The Breeders…I didn’t have Cannonball?!?!
- Bear Hands…warming up to them
- Jagwar Ma…warming up to them part deux
- Camp Lo…hat tip to my sister
- Red Hot Chili Peppers…much love
- Rage Against The Machine…much love part deux